A home for those who love almost everything about The Ticket (1310 AM, 96.7 FM, Dallas-Fort Worth), and who would like to discuss -- respectfully and fondly -- their thoughts on how (and whether) to eliminate the "almost."
Tuesday, June 30, 2026
Please Join Me in Wishing My Ticket Confession a Joyous 17th Birthday
Congrats on the anniversary. I started coming here around the time of the Summer Bash when Bob and Dan were about to take their talents to south beach.
Thanks for the insights and the forum all these years.
Wip is definitely the best fill-in show but I truly don’t get the “best show on ticket” comments. It’s good, but musers and hardline definitely better.
Always thought he was a top notch replacement host (and honestly better than three of the mid day hosts). If he is able, he should be a top 5 goto for fill in host (Monty, Landrum, DJ, and Saad fill it out for me).
I hear they're going to turn the whole operation into a poddie, calling each game a 'sode. After all poddies are the only viable form of media anymore. Just ask The Thirsty Ones.
Man, scrolling through X and seeing clips of Rhyner telling Ticket origin stories is sad and crazy. The dude had the keys to the city, flushed them, and keeps doubling down. Someone who loves him needs to help him.
I don’t think anyone is saying he shouldn’t have left from the ticket. I think they’re saying he har wished his reputation and relevancy with the freak nonsense.
Positivity: I'm clicking with The Invasion. Donny and Matt have hit their stride. Donny's joy and energy and Matt's ability to laugh at himself work and make them a fun listen. HZ/DZ fully replaced.
I'm really not either of them. I'm a P1 since about 1999. I found this site, and I have fun reading it and occasionally contributing to it. Everyone's got opinions. I was listening to The Inv recently: Donny talking Vegas, and then Matt's weird not eating at places he doesn't like, and I thought, "Man, I've gotten sucked in and enjoy these guys."
They can't abide anyone who doesn't fall in lock-step with Hive thinking, talking points, and posturing. Sad, really. Then again, so is their mommy's basement.
Further evidence of who I'm not: I still think TSS doesn't work. Good dudes who clearly know and love sports. Just kinda low energy and not that entertaining.
I saw a Facebook comment the other day from one of the B&S keyboard warriors, pointing out that they’ve never been fired from a radio station, they’ve always left of their own accord. Or in their own Camry. But let’s unpack that a little. Compare it to a marriage. Ticket, espn, the fan, the freak, the eagle and now KZPS. They’re Liz Taylor territory. And none of them blow up in spectacular fashion, everyone rather is “its just not working out”. They’re not bad enough to get fired. But they’re not good enough to be given a long term deal that keeps them a station, any station for an extended period. 6 stations in 25 years. A year or two to get settled, a year to be judged, and another year of PD or GM trying to fix it before the “it’s just not working out” talk happens. So they move to mornings, it’ll just be proof they can be mediocre in every daypart available. C
eagle should have abandond talk shows when they broke up with Stern. I fly by every once in a while and whatever Im hearing is worse than the sweet spot
The cockroach bros keep on keepin on. Never burn bridges, kids. Yes they suck, but you can learn a lot from them. Longevity is the coin of the media realm.
Hey morning everyone, Danny Balis from the Cirque du Sirois show is hosting a free episode on Patreon tonight at 8pm for chat, talk music, radio and general fuckery. Enjoy:
Mary Berner Can’t Stay Silent on Cumulus Media’s San Francisco Mess With Greg Papa and KNBR
"When markets endure damage like this repeatedly, executives have to look closer at what's going on and set things right."
By: Jason Barrett Date:
August 10, 2026 Cumulus Media layoffs began while I was in Cleveland last week for MSBC 38. The timing wasn’t great given that MSBC unites and energizes radio professionals across the industry, but I do understand business. When profits shrink, companies reduce expenses, and lowering head count usually provides the largest savings.
According to Cumulus Media’s financial statements, the company generated 741.7 million in net revenue in 2025, down from 827.1 million in 2024, and 844.5 million in 2023. Q1 2026 results put the company on pace for another annual decline. When revenues shrink, head count gets lowered.
But if this were only about business, this piece would be easy to write. It’s not. There are people working for Cumulus Media and Westwood One who I like. Human decency, leadership, and competent management are vital to running a strong business, and Cumulus San Francisco continues to have big problems. I know Mary Berner prefers to keep a low profile, but sometimes more is expected. This is one of those times.
The Greg Papa Situation I paired John Lund and Greg Papa in 2011. They were a fantastic team that produced ratings wins and revenue in San Francisco. KNBR ended their partnership in 2024, cutting Lund. Papa stayed on with Greg Silver, and in August 2025 revealed he was stricken with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. That battle forced him to step away from his radio show and 49ers play-by-play gig. While Papa’s focus shifted to his health, KNBR relied on Silver to carry the show. Questions grew about what happens to middays if Papa couldn’t return.
The station decided recently that it had to make a change ahead of football season. Lund was rehired to host middays. His local familiarity and experience hosting solo was stronger than Silver’s. That move made sense. Given Papa and Lund’s history, a future reunion would likely be viewed favorably by listeners and advertisers if Papa could recover.
But that’s not the whole story.
Cumulus hadn’t paid Papa since late February according to local sources. He made use of the Family and Medical Leave Act, which allows unpaid, job-protected leave, but FMLA only lasts a maximum of 12 weeks. It’s hard enough fighting for your life without also worrying about income — a terrible look for an employer.
Doctors cleared Papa to resume working from his home studio in late-July. Eric Branch captured what Papa has gone through in an excellent piece in the San Francisco Chronicle. He still has health challenges but has made improvements; whether he’d have energy for a 5-day, 4-hour daily show is unclear. Regardless, he is a free agent for the first time in his career.
Equally perplexing was Cumulus Media’s lackluster response. Barrett Media broke the news at 2pm last Wednesday. It wasn’t until Friday night, after countless outlets picked up the story and thousands expressed disgust, that the company finally issued a statement. What they shared was hollow corporate jargon. It also came after the company rushed out a statement on Thursday reinforcing its commitment to podcasting.
How does corporate leadership not have a statement ready that displays compassion when handling a high-profile employee who has battled leukemia for a year? Why is a response about the podcasting department deemed more important?
Pattern of Problems Cumulus San Francisco has a history of managing situations like this poorly. The same cluster pushed out longtime afternoon host Ralph Barbieri in 2012, resulting in a wrongful termination suit. That settled for a few million dollars in 2014, before Mary Berner led the company.
Since naming Larry Blumhagen its Market Manager in 2021, KNBR has endured a mass exodus of key personalities, including Tom Tolbert, Paul McCaffrey, Larry Krueger, John Lund, Rod Brooks and F.P. Santangelo. Now Papa and Silver have joined the list. Companies can’t expect listeners and advertisers to remain loyal when they remove people who earn their trust and business. The Bone, another popular local station inside the cluster, also cut ties with its morning man Lamont last week. Both KNBR and The Bone‘s websites on Monday morning still showed Lamont, Papa and Silver with their respective stations. Those kind of details shouldn’t fall through the cracks.
KNBR also lost PD Kevin Graham in 2023 when he exited to focus on his battle with cancer, leading to programming mistakes before elevating Mike Hohler. The station has a rocky relationship with the San Francisco Giants as well, one of its key partners; former Giants catcher turned President of Baseball Operations Buster Posey made that clear recently, taking a jab at the station during an on-air interview.
Hard Times Just 10-15 years ago, KNBR billed over 30 million dollars annually and was one of Cumulus Media’s top 5 brands. An aging roster, health challenges, local teams not winning, losing the Warriors, 95.7 The Game, and a weaker advertising climate all factor into declining revenue. But poor personnel decisions, and a lack of urgency also can’t be ignored.
Why would any advertiser or agency invest dollars with KNBR moving forward? The handling of Papa’s situation has done little to inspire business confidence. Listeners and advertisers have less reason to trust KNBR today than they did last Monday. You don’t treat a Bay Area icon fighting for his life the way KNBR treated one of their franchise faces. People and partners are going to think this is how the company values them until they hear otherwise.
Furthermore, after eliminating the majority of trusted voices, KNBR can’t afford to lose the Giants partnership. The team isn’t winning titles like it once did, but they’re still valuable. If Larry Baer moved the rights after the 2028 season to iHeartMedia, Audacy or Connoisseur Media, KNBR would be in bad shape. Management has to do everything possible to repair that relationship.
John Lund is stepping in to help a brand that once tossed him aside. He’s not the bad guy in this story. Greg Silver tried helping when the station needed him most and earned a pink slip for it. He’s not either. Greg Papa fought for his life, hoping to get back to his radio show. KNBR let him go anyway and treated him like a number on a spread sheet.
This is one of Cumulus Media’s largest and most important markets. The company is not going to thrive if San Francisco keeps shooting itself in the foot. Changes have taken place in the company in other big markets such as Dallas over the years, and rarely does a Dan Bennett led operation make these kind of mistakes.
Executives have to look closer and set things right when markets endure damage like this repeatedly. That job belongs now to Mary Berner. She may prefer staying under the radar, but Cumulus Media’s CEO can’t stay silent this time.
Many thanks to Berner Account for ignoring copyright niceties to post Jason Barrett's piece. As it happens, I was preparing a post when this came in, but I think I'll hold it as Confessors react.
I'm not sure if there are any lessons here for The Ticket. Generally, the SF situation reminds us of the fragility of life on the air, and of the fortunes of a medium whose demise has been predicted (including by some on this site) for some time.
I wonder if the relative stability and prosperity of The Ticket may have caused some of whom we are all reasonably fond to (1) undervalue its strong local management, and (2) misestimate how difficult it is to succeed in the local/streaming radio market.
And thanks to Lurker for opining that "MTC and the Plainsman are legendary." I choose to believe that was not sarcasm.
Confessors, I apologize that I don't know how to make these sites into links. I seem to recall that I did see a comment one time that employed real links. If you know how to do it on this hopelessly crappy platform, please advise.
These two articles do give me pause about the Ticket's position in Cumulus's portfolio. I don't see any current hosts being let go, but I do worry about our friends on the JV, most of whom perform fill-in or weekend duties with some frequency, and most if not all of whom seem to get pretty good reviews on MTC.
The folks at the Ticket might not have much to worry about but if I were Hawkeye at KSCS or Hal Jay at WBAP, with 35 and 40+ years in the market, I might be looking at life after retirement.
On June 4, a California state appellate court (4th District) has stayed -- that is, stopped from taking effect -- the May 8 decision of a California state trial court banning the Kars4Kids ads in California. This does not mean the end of the case -- it simply means that the lower court's order banning the ads is set aside pending full review of the matter by the appellate court on Kars4Kids' appeal.
I haven't read the stay order, but such orders are not extremely rare in injunction cases where the enjoined party could suffer great hardship while waiting for the appeal to resolve. They generally -- not always, but usually -- do not signal how the appellate court will come out on the merits of the appeal when it is finally decided. In accounts I've read, the appellate court here did not give any merits-based reason for its ruling.
Result: Kars4Kids can continue to run its ads as before in California, at least until the appellate court rules after full consideration of the case.
If I have to listen to that hayseed Tisha tell me one more time that her vision correction surgery from Clear Sight was the best surgery she's ever had, I am going to blow my brains out.
Ticket advertisers: Not only do we need to run ads with the most annoying people possible, but we have to make sure those ads are heard hundreds of times a week!
Probably has more to do with less spots being sold to enough different companies so they'll sell more spots to the terrible ones like Collector's Firearms and Gecko Green. Then add in AI making it easier to create terrible commercials like those two consistently put out.
The thing is, the ticket knows from Neilsen exactly how long the average listener listens, and which hours are the most listened to. If you’re hearing the same spots you should ask yourself “am I above average, average or below average in my listening”. I’ll give you a hint, if you think you’re hearing the same as hundreds of times, you listen well above the average. Stations like KISS play the same 20 songs constantly. Because their average listener tunes in for less than 10 minutes. The ticket listeners are there for 30-40 minutes twice a day. C
but now cumulus uses some in car system that spies on car owners so they only know about people listening while driving not so much about who or how many
Doubtful I will get a birthday greeting on WTDS. Nevertheless, thanks for hanging in for all these years.
ReplyDeleteSadly, aging out of MM's demo...
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the anniversary. I started coming here around the time of the Summer Bash when Bob and Dan were about to take their talents to south beach.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the insights and the forum all these years.
Happy anniversary P-Man! Thank you for all you do to your body.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you Plainsman! I think I have been here 17 years with you. I was even a guest columnist at one time.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, someone on the reddit crowd posted a new repository of ticket lore.
1310.cloud. I have not perused very much of it but have listened to the Ticket Prom '80's that have been uploaded.
ET P1
Wip is definitely the best fill-in show but I truly don’t get the “best show on ticket” comments. It’s good, but musers and hardline definitely better.
ReplyDeleteRich Phillips is a quality host. Top notch fill-in host. He's confident, smart, and he lets the game come to him.
ReplyDeleteAlways thought he was a top notch replacement host (and honestly better than three of the mid day hosts). If he is able, he should be a top 5 goto for fill in host (Monty, Landrum, DJ, and Saad fill it out for me).
DeleteCumulus partnering with Victory+: Another winning combination
ReplyDeleteThey partner with no one.
DeleteThey especially don't partner with The Dallas Morning News
DeletePoint, missed.
Deleteyeah they are moving to bzzr, not to be confused with buzzr which my grandmother can not get enough of
DeleteI hear they're going to turn the whole operation into a poddie, calling each game a 'sode. After all poddies are the only viable form of media anymore. Just ask The Thirsty Ones.
DeleteMan, scrolling through X and seeing clips of Rhyner telling Ticket origin stories is sad and crazy. The dude had the keys to the city, flushed them, and keeps doubling down. Someone who loves him needs to help him.
ReplyDeleteRhyner had checked out long before the Irish exit. I don't think he regrets the decision to leave.
ReplyDeleteI don’t think anyone is saying he shouldn’t have left from the ticket. I think they’re saying he har wished his reputation and relevancy with the freak nonsense.
ReplyDeleteTarnished his legacy
Deletethis place sure cleaned out
ReplyDeletefaster than a bowel full of cyclospora
DeleteStill more action than your masters' reddits. giggle
DeleteBut I thought reddit was bad...?
Deletenon sequitur much? apparently so.
Deletei sequit all the time
DeleteThat's not all you do.
DeletePositivity: I'm clicking with The Invasion. Donny and Matt have hit their stride. Donny's joy and energy and Matt's ability to laugh at himself work and make them a fun listen. HZ/DZ fully replaced.
ReplyDeleteHi Cat and/or Pete!
DeleteI'm really not either of them. I'm a P1 since about 1999. I found this site, and I have fun reading it and occasionally contributing to it. Everyone's got opinions. I was listening to The Inv recently: Donny talking Vegas, and then Matt's weird not eating at places he doesn't like, and I thought, "Man, I've gotten sucked in and enjoy these guys."
DeleteThey can't abide anyone who doesn't fall in lock-step with Hive thinking, talking points, and posturing. Sad, really. Then again, so is their mommy's basement.
Deletewho is they? and who is the hive? and where are there basements in DFW?
DeleteFurther evidence of who I'm not: I still think TSS doesn't work. Good dudes who clearly know and love sports. Just kinda low energy and not that entertaining.
DeleteYou know who are. If a 'sode drops and only the same 23 subbies ever listen.....
Deletewhy are you bring rhyner into this?
DeleteBen and Skin are moving to morning drive at Lone Star 92.5. Let the speculation begin.
ReplyDeleteNever fired!
DeleteAnd now we might find out what Danny and Sirois meant when they hinted at a return to producing and running the board....
DeleteRIP KT Kevin KT Turner, I guess
DeleteArticle says he and Krystina are coming along. Just more delusional oral farts from Danny and Mike S.
Deletehttps://radioinsight.com/headlines/368043/what-is-kzps-blockbuster-move/
ReplyDeleteI saw a Facebook comment the other day from one of the B&S keyboard warriors, pointing out that they’ve never been fired from a radio station, they’ve always left of their own accord. Or in their own Camry. But let’s unpack that a little. Compare it to a marriage. Ticket, espn, the fan, the freak, the eagle and now KZPS. They’re Liz Taylor territory. And none of them blow up in spectacular fashion, everyone rather is “its just not working out”.
ReplyDeleteThey’re not bad enough to get fired. But they’re not good enough to be given a long term deal that keeps them a station, any station for an extended period. 6 stations in 25 years. A year or two to get settled, a year to be judged, and another year of PD or GM trying to fix it before the “it’s just not working out” talk happens.
So they move to mornings, it’ll just be proof they can be mediocre in every daypart available.
C
From what I can tell in Radio, if you can work in the same city for this long, that alone is pretty amazing. But, yeah, that's kind of a dumb claim.
Deleteeagle should have abandond talk shows when they broke up with Stern. I fly by every once in a while and whatever Im hearing is worse than the sweet spot
Deleteare the mavs moving away from 971 too?
DeleteWhat qualifies as a long term deal? They were at 1053 forever.
DeleteA true Blockbuster move. What a get for 92.5!
ReplyDeleteThe cockroach bros keep on keepin on. Never burn bridges, kids. Yes they suck, but you can learn a lot from them. Longevity is the coin of the media realm.
DeleteB&S have same pitch to every GM--we bring a lot of clients. Maybe thats what keeps them around. Its definitely not a strong ratings history.
ReplyDeleteWhen the other shoe drops, let's see what they do with KEGL. Rumors are country or urban. Both stations are currently programed by the same guy.
ReplyDeleteHey morning everyone, Danny Balis from the Cirque du Sirois show is hosting a free episode on Patreon tonight at 8pm for chat, talk music, radio and general fuckery. Enjoy:
ReplyDeletehttps://www.patreon.com/CirqueDuSirois/events/165925956
New to town. Glad to find a site with so many people I have something in common with
ReplyDeleteYou are a lonely soul.
DeletePS. CdS is mid AF. The milk done soured.
DeleteThere used to be so many more. MTC and the Plainsman are legendary.
DeleteAs are you
Deletehttps://barrettmedia.com/2026/08/10/mary-berner-cumulus-media-greg-papa-mess/
ReplyDeleteMary Berner Can’t Stay Silent on Cumulus Media’s San Francisco Mess With Greg Papa and KNBR
"When markets endure damage like this repeatedly, executives have to look closer at what's going on and set things right."
By:
Jason Barrett
Date:
August 10, 2026
Cumulus Media layoffs began while I was in Cleveland last week for MSBC 38. The timing wasn’t great given that MSBC unites and energizes radio professionals across the industry, but I do understand business. When profits shrink, companies reduce expenses, and lowering head count usually provides the largest savings.
According to Cumulus Media’s financial statements, the company generated 741.7 million in net revenue in 2025, down from 827.1 million in 2024, and 844.5 million in 2023. Q1 2026 results put the company on pace for another annual decline. When revenues shrink, head count gets lowered.
But if this were only about business, this piece would be easy to write. It’s not. There are people working for Cumulus Media and Westwood One who I like. Human decency, leadership, and competent management are vital to running a strong business, and Cumulus San Francisco continues to have big problems. I know Mary Berner prefers to keep a low profile, but sometimes more is expected. This is one of those times.
The Greg Papa Situation
I paired John Lund and Greg Papa in 2011. They were a fantastic team that produced ratings wins and revenue in San Francisco. KNBR ended their partnership in 2024, cutting Lund. Papa stayed on with Greg Silver, and in August 2025 revealed he was stricken with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. That battle forced him to step away from his radio show and 49ers play-by-play gig. While Papa’s focus shifted to his health, KNBR relied on Silver to carry the show. Questions grew about what happens to middays if Papa couldn’t return.
The station decided recently that it had to make a change ahead of football season. Lund was rehired to host middays. His local familiarity and experience hosting solo was stronger than Silver’s. That move made sense. Given Papa and Lund’s history, a future reunion would likely be viewed favorably by listeners and advertisers if Papa could recover.
But that’s not the whole story.
Cumulus hadn’t paid Papa since late February according to local sources. He made use of the Family and Medical Leave Act, which allows unpaid, job-protected leave, but FMLA only lasts a maximum of 12 weeks. It’s hard enough fighting for your life without also worrying about income — a terrible look for an employer.
Doctors cleared Papa to resume working from his home studio in late-July. Eric Branch captured what Papa has gone through in an excellent piece in the San Francisco Chronicle. He still has health challenges but has made improvements; whether he’d have energy for a 5-day, 4-hour daily show is unclear. Regardless, he is a free agent for the first time in his career.
Equally perplexing was Cumulus Media’s lackluster response. Barrett Media broke the news at 2pm last Wednesday. It wasn’t until Friday night, after countless outlets picked up the story and thousands expressed disgust, that the company finally issued a statement. What they shared was hollow corporate jargon. It also came after the company rushed out a statement on Thursday reinforcing its commitment to podcasting.
ReplyDeleteHow does corporate leadership not have a statement ready that displays compassion when handling a high-profile employee who has battled leukemia for a year? Why is a response about the podcasting department deemed more important?
Pattern of Problems
Cumulus San Francisco has a history of managing situations like this poorly. The same cluster pushed out longtime afternoon host Ralph Barbieri in 2012, resulting in a wrongful termination suit. That settled for a few million dollars in 2014, before Mary Berner led the company.
Since naming Larry Blumhagen its Market Manager in 2021, KNBR has endured a mass exodus of key personalities, including Tom Tolbert, Paul McCaffrey, Larry Krueger, John Lund, Rod Brooks and F.P. Santangelo. Now Papa and Silver have joined the list. Companies can’t expect listeners and advertisers to remain loyal when they remove people who earn their trust and business. The Bone, another popular local station inside the cluster, also cut ties with its morning man Lamont last week. Both KNBR and The Bone‘s websites on Monday morning still showed Lamont, Papa and Silver with their respective stations. Those kind of details shouldn’t fall through the cracks.
ReplyDeleteKNBR also lost PD Kevin Graham in 2023 when he exited to focus on his battle with cancer, leading to programming mistakes before elevating Mike Hohler. The station has a rocky relationship with the San Francisco Giants as well, one of its key partners; former Giants catcher turned President of Baseball Operations Buster Posey made that clear recently, taking a jab at the station during an on-air interview.
Hard Times
Just 10-15 years ago, KNBR billed over 30 million dollars annually and was one of Cumulus Media’s top 5 brands. An aging roster, health challenges, local teams not winning, losing the Warriors, 95.7 The Game, and a weaker advertising climate all factor into declining revenue. But poor personnel decisions, and a lack of urgency also can’t be ignored.
Why would any advertiser or agency invest dollars with KNBR moving forward? The handling of Papa’s situation has done little to inspire business confidence. Listeners and advertisers have less reason to trust KNBR today than they did last Monday. You don’t treat a Bay Area icon fighting for his life the way KNBR treated one of their franchise faces. People and partners are going to think this is how the company values them until they hear otherwise.
Furthermore, after eliminating the majority of trusted voices, KNBR can’t afford to lose the Giants partnership. The team isn’t winning titles like it once did, but they’re still valuable. If Larry Baer moved the rights after the 2028 season to iHeartMedia, Audacy or Connoisseur Media, KNBR would be in bad shape. Management has to do everything possible to repair that relationship.
John Lund is stepping in to help a brand that once tossed him aside. He’s not the bad guy in this story. Greg Silver tried helping when the station needed him most and earned a pink slip for it. He’s not either. Greg Papa fought for his life, hoping to get back to his radio show. KNBR let him go anyway and treated him like a number on a spread sheet.
This is one of Cumulus Media’s largest and most important markets. The company is not going to thrive if San Francisco keeps shooting itself in the foot. Changes have taken place in the company in other big markets such as Dallas over the years, and rarely does a Dan Bennett led operation make these kind of mistakes.
Executives have to look closer and set things right when markets endure damage like this repeatedly. That job belongs now to Mary Berner. She may prefer staying under the radar, but Cumulus Media’s CEO can’t stay silent this time.
If a bear shits in the woods.......
DeleteGreg Papa Joe Chevalier?
DeleteMany thanks to Berner Account for ignoring copyright niceties to post Jason Barrett's piece. As it happens, I was preparing a post when this came in, but I think I'll hold it as Confessors react.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if there are any lessons here for The Ticket. Generally, the SF situation reminds us of the fragility of life on the air, and of the fortunes of a medium whose demise has been predicted (including by some on this site) for some time.
I wonder if the relative stability and prosperity of The Ticket may have caused some of whom we are all reasonably fond to (1) undervalue its strong local management, and (2) misestimate how difficult it is to succeed in the local/streaming radio market.
And thanks to Lurker for opining that "MTC and the Plainsman are legendary." I choose to believe that was not sarcasm.
100%. And thank you for what you have done to your bodies.
DeleteAnother Cumulus stalwart let go:
ReplyDeletehttps://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrities/veteran-radio-host-unleashes-scathing-attack-on-bosses-who-laid-him-off-after-24-years/ar-AA29NEZ0?ocid=BingHp01&pc=M866&cvid=69932030324c42309db8c906d88c9fe9&ei=26
Confessors, I apologize that I don't know how to make these sites into links. I seem to recall that I did see a comment one time that employed real links. If you know how to do it on this hopelessly crappy platform, please advise.
These two articles do give me pause about the Ticket's position in Cumulus's portfolio. I don't see any current hosts being let go, but I do worry about our friends on the JV, most of whom perform fill-in or weekend duties with some frequency, and most if not all of whom seem to get pretty good reviews on MTC.
ReplyDeleteHaven't heard any Kars4Kids ads lately.
The folks at the Ticket might not have much to worry about but if I were Hawkeye at KSCS or Hal Jay at WBAP, with 35 and 40+ years in the market, I might be looking at life after retirement.
ReplyDeleteIN OTHER KARS4KIDS NEWS:
ReplyDeleteNews to me:
On June 4, a California state appellate court (4th District) has stayed -- that is, stopped from taking effect -- the May 8 decision of a California state trial court banning the Kars4Kids ads in California. This does not mean the end of the case -- it simply means that the lower court's order banning the ads is set aside pending full review of the matter by the appellate court on Kars4Kids' appeal.
I haven't read the stay order, but such orders are not extremely rare in injunction cases where the enjoined party could suffer great hardship while waiting for the appeal to resolve. They generally -- not always, but usually -- do not signal how the appellate court will come out on the merits of the appeal when it is finally decided. In accounts I've read, the appellate court here did not give any merits-based reason for its ruling.
Result: Kars4Kids can continue to run its ads as before in California, at least until the appellate court rules after full consideration of the case.
Land liquidation guy apparently thinks P1s enjoy being screamed at. Take a chill pill, dude.
ReplyDeleteIf I have to listen to that hayseed Tisha tell me one more time that her vision correction surgery from Clear Sight was the best surgery she's ever had, I am going to blow my brains out.
ReplyDeleteAwn n awff. Best surgery I ever had.
DeleteWhistle whistle whistle. Whistlewhistlewhistlewhistle.
DeleteTicket advertisers: Not only do we need to run ads with the most annoying people possible, but we have to make sure those ads are heard hundreds of times a week!
DeleteProbably has more to do with less spots being sold to enough different companies so they'll sell more spots to the terrible ones like Collector's Firearms and Gecko Green. Then add in AI making it easier to create terrible commercials like those two consistently put out.
DeleteUnreal. Hit the mute button or listen to your fat wife. Of all the things to bitch about paid ads are not it.
Delete^^^^^Tough guy, this one.
DeleteI put this on repeat during breaks
ReplyDeletehttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1RsBiQczUJg
he wakes up sniffs around looks for great deals all over town hes sweet jack sweet jack hes sweetjack.com
Deletehe searches in all places really hot deals are what he chases amazing what he digs up this fun lovin pup
hes sweet jack hes sweet jack hes sweet jack sweetjack.com
even though hes just one foot three he knows the latest technology to get the best deals in your inbox thats why he rocks
that sweet jack that sweet jack that sweet jack sweetjack.com
that is cumulus intellectual property at its finest
DeleteNo, that was on every radio station in D/FW at one time. I heard it all over the dial.
DeleteGreen Gecko will be the end of me
DeleteI miss the Giver and getting a gift from Galyan's.
Deletecumulus still owns sweetjack.com too valuable to give up
Deletehttps://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?itc=dlp_domain_whois&domain=sweetjack.com
hardline explaining to Rhynes that sweetjack was a dog, not a person was peak post greggo ticket
DeleteThe thing is, the ticket knows from Neilsen exactly how long the average listener listens, and which hours are the most listened to. If you’re hearing the same spots you should ask yourself “am I above average, average or below average in my listening”. I’ll give you a hint, if you think you’re hearing the same as hundreds of times, you listen well above the average.
ReplyDeleteStations like KISS play the same 20 songs constantly. Because their average listener tunes in for less than 10 minutes. The ticket listeners are there for 30-40 minutes twice a day.
C
but now cumulus uses some in car system that spies on car owners so they only know about people listening while driving not so much about who or how many
DeleteStay off the dope, my man.
DeleteNew post.
ReplyDelete