A home for those who love almost everything about The Ticket (1310 AM, 96.7 FM, Dallas-Fort Worth), and who would like to discuss -- respectfully and fondly -- their thoughts on how (and whether) to eliminate the "almost."
6:00 Cowboys let one get away 6:15 Gordo's Blue Ribbon Cowboys observations 6:40 Cowboys red zone issues 6:55 Cowboys Turning Points 7:15 Muse in the News 7:35 Weekend Digest 7:55 A tough day for the Dallas defense 8:15 Around the NFL 8:40 840 Bit 9:00 Mix with Invasion
10 segments. 6 of them posted in podcast form
This is the Hardline run sheet
3:00 WTDS 3:20 Cold Open 3:40 Helpline 4:00 Cowboys 4:20 Cowboys 4:40 Cowboys 5:00 E-News 5:20 Schotty 5:40 Fun with NFL Audio 6:00 NFL Weekend 6:20 CQH 6:40 Sturmcenter
So this question remains though...why not make 100% available? And have them arranged by show rather than a hodgepodge of 1 days segments scattered among 7 different podcast feeds??
I assume it has been portioned into individual channels and segments for several reasons, but #1-5 is "advertising".
The rest is a mix of programming choices based, again my assumption, is to provide content based on interests.
As a business person, I can't figure out a justifiable use case, specific to The Ticket, where dumping 100% of the day's unedited audio online somehow isn't a giant risk to what is its singular goal: Nielsen ratings.
Ironically, because of the lawsuit the station currently isn't in that system, but (again) I assume that will be settled soon. Maybe Cumulus dumps Nielsen forever, and then the goal posts are moved and maybe the station reconsiders its digital playbook.
Junior mentioned if in scatter shooting on Friday. I have not heard it discussed elsewhere on the little one but I have not heard every segment either.
You can have the best antenna and transmitter in the world and it won't stop the Spanish station in Tyler from bleeding over when the weather is changing. Something about the physics of the way FM radio signals travel. YMMV
I hadn't heard it in my listening, but quite possible one or another host has covered it.
ReplyDeletehttps://people.com/dee-brock-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-founding-director-dies-at-96-12137692
Dee Brock, the main founder of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, passed away a few days ago at the age of 96.
RIP.
not hot
Deletebecause of the previous thread that included the complaints about someone selling Ticket content being shut down, I just had to ask:
ReplyDeleteDo people not know that the station offers SEVEN different podcast feeds, that combined actually post I'd guess 90% of each day's content - FOR FREE?
Including one that features weekend show content from WIP?
https://www.theticket.com/2016/06/15/podcasts/
Not even close to 90%. Why not just make it 100%?
Deletewhat is missing?
DeleteThis is The Musers 9/28 run sheet
Delete6:00 Cowboys let one get away
6:15 Gordo's Blue Ribbon Cowboys observations
6:40 Cowboys red zone issues
6:55 Cowboys Turning Points
7:15 Muse in the News
7:35 Weekend Digest
7:55 A tough day for the Dallas defense
8:15 Around the NFL
8:40 840 Bit
9:00 Mix with Invasion
10 segments. 6 of them posted in podcast form
This is the Hardline run sheet
3:00 WTDS
3:20 Cold Open
3:40 Helpline
4:00 Cowboys
4:20 Cowboys
4:40 Cowboys
5:00 E-News
5:20 Schotty
5:40 Fun with NFL Audio
6:00 NFL Weekend
6:20 CQH
6:40 Sturmcenter
12 Segments. 8 posted.
63.6%
Ah, I see now. I had no idea the Cowboys Ranch Report wasn't actually just the cowboys ranch reports from Joe Hoyt.
DeleteSo this question remains though...why not make 100% available? And have them arranged by show rather than a hodgepodge of 1 days segments scattered among 7 different podcast feeds??
DeleteI assume it has been portioned into individual channels and segments for several reasons, but #1-5 is "advertising".
DeleteThe rest is a mix of programming choices based, again my assumption, is to provide content based on interests.
As a business person, I can't figure out a justifiable use case, specific to The Ticket, where dumping 100% of the day's unedited audio online somehow isn't a giant risk to what is its singular goal: Nielsen ratings.
Ironically, because of the lawsuit the station currently isn't in that system, but (again) I assume that will be settled soon. Maybe Cumulus dumps Nielsen forever, and then the goal posts are moved and maybe the station reconsiders its digital playbook.
Junior mentioned if in scatter shooting on Friday. I have not heard it discussed elsewhere on the little one but I have not heard every segment either.
ReplyDeleteIt's a shame that a radio station can't get their signal to work
ReplyDeletewait who is the nominal owner of the ticket i can't remember
Deleteoh yeah a cumulous station
You can have the best antenna and transmitter in the world and it won't stop the Spanish station in Tyler from bleeding over when the weather is changing. Something about the physics of the way FM radio signals travel. YMMV
Delete