Sunday, May 19, 2019

You Might Find This Interesting


Last week, Gordon did a story in Muse in the News about the eleven new indictments in Dallas and Collin Counties for first-degree murder against Kipkorir "Billy" Chemirmir.  He is accused of either forcing or tricking his way into the homes or apartments of older women, smothering them with a pillow, then stealing their jewelry.

This morning, David and Justin also did a segment on the story.

He was caught when police, who had suspicions about him for reasons I've forgotten, saw him throw something into a dumpster.  They retrieved it.  It was a jewelry box containing the name and address of a woman.  They went to her home and found his first known victim.  His indictment for her murder was the first one, and the only one until last week's indictments in the two counties.



Local and national -- worldwide -- coverage has been intense, perhaps partly in anticipation of what might be coming.  Authorities in Dallas and Collin Counties are examining the records in hundreds of unattended unexpected deaths of elderly women to determine whether they can establish a link to Chemirmir.

It is possible he will turn out to be one of the most monstrous serial killers in U.S. history.

The indictments last week included attempted murder charges in both counties.  Prior to those indictments, two attempted murder charges were filed at the same time the first murder charge was filed.  One survivor was a Plano woman who was left unconscious on her bed.

The other was a Frisco woman who was conscious during the entire attack.  Chemirmir claimed to be a maintenance worker, but when she said she didn't need any and tried to shut the door, he forced his way in.  As one story reported, "The victim told police she was smothered with a pillow and began praying because she thought she was going to die."

That woman is my mother.

*     *     *

Although she did not escape dying by much, she was not seriously injured.   She is a very small woman and far from hearty, but only suffered bruises and scrapes from the attack.  "Only" is the wrong word to use, because her life will never be the same.

But she's a tough bird, for all that.  She has since joked that she is waiting for a call from the perpetually craggy Keith Morrison of "Dateline" requesting an interview.

Which she would grant with alacrity.

You know, it's possible.

Thanks to you all in advance for your concern and good wishes.


14 comments:

  1. Thankful she is still here with you and your family. Hopefully his capture can start to bring closure to the survivors and family's of the victims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely thankful your mother survived. My mother Norma French, however did not. It has been devastating and my life will never be the same. The dreams, sadness, anger and grief in this aftermath of my mom's violent murder have been overwhelming. She was so healthy, full of joy and independent. She was gifted in making others feel loved and treasured.

    I hope your mother is recovering from this traumatic event. Words cannot express the horror. Will you please pass on to her how thankful I am she survived and for her voice which led to this viscious monsters arrest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This awful. To Plainsman, I'm happy she is still with you.
    7:25, my condolences. I wouldn't wish either woman's experience on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 735, thank you for writing, and I am shocked and saddened by your report. My deepest condolences to you and your and her loved ones.

    I debated whether to add the Keith Morrison postscript. Whenever she and I mention it, we chide ourselves for bringing anything even the slightest bit ameliorative to this tragedy. But she grew up on a farm during some tough times and she's suffered a lot of loss in her life -- it's helped her get through this, I think, but none of our intrafamily japing can come close to dousing the horror.

    Norma French, RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what to say, very powerful "she started to pray"

    I am not sure what to say but thinking of both women and my own mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moly, scary stuff. Thank goodness she is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Bob, there's absolutely nothing wrong using the word turban! Unfortunately you've been around little overly hyper-sensitive, politically correct pansy Corby so long that his brand of paranoid mental illness has penetrated your subconscious. Fight it my friend! Just stay strong and repeat after me...turban, turban, turban, tuban...

    ReplyDelete
  8. SPECIAL TO ANONYMOUS 735 (son of Norma French): May I ask you to drop me a personal line?

    ThePlainsman1310@gmail.com

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really enjoying this Hardline replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure who it was, a couple of the b listers I'm guessing. I found their brand of banter engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like little perfect Corby is preaching to us how terrible it is that Art got a coaching job. Glad he got a job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was Danny and Jake at a Fannin Tree Farm remote.
    Corby was playing golf and Mike called in sick that morning.
    Hopefully, the Tree Farm got a reduced rate for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got to be kidding me. Found the Baylor alum, I guess. I assume you heard every other show skewer Mt Vernon for hiring that POS as well.

    ReplyDelete