Monday, December 16, 2019

Advise Whether I Have Inaccurately Noticed Something


I've done a fair amount of Ticket listening over the past several weeks, and it was only today that I heard the word "drydock" used (Sean Bass mentioned it this morning).

In fact, it seems to me that the shows have downplayed the fact that substitute hosts would be appearing through the New Year.  

Don't want to read too much into this, but I'm wondering if the crew has been instructed not to emphasize the fact (which they used to trumpet extensively when year-end rolled around) that regular programming is going away for a couple of weeks.

With The Ticket appearing suddenly vulnerable in the ratings -- whether because of crappy ratings procedures or otherwise -- perhaps they're taking care not unnecessarily to drive off listeners.

Or has the term been used a lot, and I've just missed it?  

*     *     *

My Jah, what is the deal with Troy Aikman's horribly bloodshot eyes on the Fox broadcasts?  


 Image result for troy aikman bloodshot eyes

I had a personal encounter with Aikman a year or so ago (cue Vivaldi) and he looked great.  But at least in recent months he looks like he has an allergy to Joe's hair-plug fertilizer or something.

Hope your holidays are proceeding satisfactorily.

❤️☥ɖɛʂıཞɛɛ☥🥀

12 comments:

  1. They've used the term dry dock forever. You've just missed it

    Here's a FB post from the official account from 2013

    https://www.facebook.com/TheTicket1310/posts/dry-dock-is-over-and-all-your-favorite-ticket-guys-are-back530-10-am-dunham-and-/10151178951177021/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered why they even allowed drydock. My company absolutely makes high level employees stagger their vacation time to prevent everyone important being gone at once. Don’t worry I’m not important so I can take off whenever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard that Peter Welpton will pair up with Sean Bass in the morning. I like the Kickaround, but I wonder if Peter will try to be the top dog like it seems to go on TKA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. December dry dock happened because the Holiday ratings book was never counted. I've seen reports that this is no longer the case so it'll be interesting to see if things change in future years

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gonna be Jake, Sean, and Peter in morning drive

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know they've used "drydock" for years. I just haven't heard it this year until this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm used to dry dock happening so I don't pay much attention to any comments about it.

    It does seem that they staggered the departure of the hosts of each show more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, The Bench is on. So yeah, he's not going anywhere. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peter Welpton has a strong resemblance to the Frankenstein monster. He's about as fun to listen to as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone on Facebook is floating around a rumor of Ben and Skin's return to the Little One. Lord, I hope not. I found them to be unlistenable back then. I would occasionally try to tune in when they were with the Fan, to see if they had improved. They have not.

    Disclaimer: I don't find the game of basketball to be interesting, and B&S are hoops-heavy. So in the interest of full disclosure, I wanted to get that out there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They already specifically said they weren't going back to The Ticket tho

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lmao! Corby must be in TMZ style orgasmic mode! Giving him the reigns of 4 hours to spare everyone to death with his TMZ crap spells disaster.

    ReplyDelete