A home for those who love almost everything about The Ticket (1310 AM, 96.7 FM, Dallas-Fort Worth), and who would like to discuss -- respectfully and fondly -- their thoughts on how (and whether) to eliminate the "almost."
Great to hear Rich Phillips on The Invasion yesterday. I’ve missed some of his other recent fill-in appearances. At first, I wasn’t quite sure it was him. After listening for a bit – he didn’t chime in right away when I tuned in – a couple of inflections caught my ear and after a few minutes, I thought – that’s the man.
He sounded different. Some of it is probably the passage of time, although his voice had no traces of advancing age. Different (better) equipment than when he was on the air, maybe. I don’t think it was anything deliberate, but his sound now is not as barky, more expressive, smoother, warmer. Less scary.
Google Gemini reports that he is currently a real estate agent at Rogers Healy and Associates, although I think it has recently joined Compass. Yeah, here he is:
https://www.compass.com/agents/rich-phillips/
If the schedule ever needs a personnel adjustment, he’d be a first-rate host and I think he’d fit in pretty well with any other voice. Probably more money in flogging houses, though. Looks like his portfolio is close to top-shelf.
Always loved me some Rich Phillips, and it was great to hear him today.
I cracked up in the car when whoever was reading the do-it-yourself ad copy for Crest Infiniti called Gordon "Gordie." Maybe there's an inside joke there I've missed, but when Gordon heard the final mashup of what were undoubtedly his and the Crest guy's separate recordings of their chummy dialogue, he must have plotzed.
Great to hear Rich Phillips on The Invasion yesterday. I’ve missed some of his other recent fill-in appearances. At first, I wasn’t quite sure it was him. After listening for a bit – he didn’t chime in right away when I tuned in – a couple of inflections caught my ear and after a few minutes, I thought – that’s the man.
ReplyDeleteHe sounded different. Some of it is probably the passage of time, although his voice had no traces of advancing age. Different (better) equipment than when he was on the air, maybe. I don’t think it was anything deliberate, but his sound now is not as barky, more expressive, smoother, warmer. Less scary.
Google Gemini reports that he is currently a real estate agent at Rogers Healy and Associates, although I think it has recently joined Compass. Yeah, here he is:
https://www.compass.com/agents/rich-phillips/
If the schedule ever needs a personnel adjustment, he’d be a first-rate host and I think he’d fit in pretty well with any other voice. Probably more money in flogging houses, though. Looks like his portfolio is close to top-shelf.
Always loved me some Rich Phillips, and it was great to hear him today.
I cracked up in the car when whoever was reading the do-it-yourself ad copy for Crest Infiniti called Gordon "Gordie." Maybe there's an inside joke there I've missed, but when Gordon heard the final mashup of what were undoubtedly his and the Crest guy's separate recordings of their chummy dialogue, he must have plotzed.
ReplyDelete