Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Gosh, You Guys


When I offered that tenth anniversary post and mused about it possibly being time to fold this particular tent, I braced myself for a slew of readers who thought that maybe it was time to say goodnight.  Who thought the hip Reddit page was more vital and interesting and tolerant of, shall we say, more vividly-expressed opinions than old-lady MTC.

Instead, I got a bunch of really nice, really thoughtful "thank yous" and good wishes for the site's continued health.

Thank you.  I have spent a lot of time on this site and I appreciate your good wishes very, very much.

So, while I'm not making any promises, I'm going to keep this joint going for awhile.  In fact, my circumstances may be changing in ways that will allow me to spend more time writing, and maybe even more time listening, although less certain about the latter.  I'll see what I can do about getting up some items that don't just rehash thoughts we've all had for the last ten years.

I have had occasion to spend some time in a major city with MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL teams.  It has one sports-talk station.  It is absolutely terrible.  Unlistenably bad.  Shoutin' ya' down, as Conrad would say.  Hahhhrible, as Big Bob Wilonsky would say.

So as much as one might punch out on Corby, or doze off during one of Bob's questions, or find Gordon unpleasant to the man in the street -- I say to you again, O man, woman, and child, we are blessed with The Ticket.

And Jah is still making redheads.

So let's keep the discussion going for a bit, eh?

ThePlainsman1310@gmail.com
@Plainsman1310 


12 comments:

  1. it's really true...I am not a dallas sports fan. I don't live in the market anymore. and here I am listening to COUNTRY FORCE (!?!???) on my day off. P1s are lucky to have the little ticket. and we're lucky to have you Plainsman. appreciate your efforts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Country Force. Craig RosenRosen is wrong. Show lives up to the name, and I mean that in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep 'em coming, Pfunk. Love this place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the Courage Boys on their annual Marconi nomination. It would be really great if they were able to pull off a win this year.
    https://radioinsight.com/headlines/179021/2019-marconi-award-nominees-announced/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hardline, you guys can take a few more weeks off if you want. Corby, you can get you a good tan, rest up, and we'll see you in about 3 weeks. And really, if you need even more time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somebody's gotta a bad case of CDS! Corby Derangement Syndrome, that is!

    Pro Tip: If he bothers you so much, stop listening to him.

    OK? Cool beans, bruh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, it's called TMC syndrome! Too Much Corby...and there's an epidemic going on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heed the pro tip, pal. Heed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Corby! Well, I can't speak for the others, but I am the TMC jokster, and in my case, your pro tip has been heeded for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete