Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Corby Has a Real Sweet Stroke

Have the Rangers energized the Hardline?  I have no idea.  But I think the show has been especially good recently.

I was reading with the showgram on today, and was only half-listening.  Even without my full attention, I caught enough to feel that it had the spirit of The Hardline at its hardest.

One segment made me put down my book and listen.

It was Corby's analysis of The Masters.  I don't know much of anything about golf (surprise), so one who does might cavil at one or another of his analyses or predictions.  But just listening to him play it straight and produce a thoughtful and, to my untrained ear, authoritative report on what was coming up was interesting and entertaining.  Corby at his non-yuk best.

I believe I heard a promo teasing that Corby's going to be on the Tee Box this Saturday morning, 8-10.  He and Rick Arnett should put out some interesting radio.  Might should give it a spin.

3 comments:

  1. I just heard that promo again. Turns out Corby used to co-host The Tee Box, so perhaps not a once-in-a-lifetime listening opportunity. Still looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corby knows his college football, golf, and tennis. He was really good back when he was on the tee box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really pay attention to golf, but I do like listening to Cobra talk about it. It's one of the rare subjects that I think he can speak intelligently on without becoming the over-the-top blowhard.

    ReplyDelete