Hitched up the team and headed north to far Frisco to visit Guys' Night Out. A few quick hits:
(1) Sharp-Dressed Men. Bob and Donovan in ties, Bob with a suit coat, Donovan in a vest. At first I thought -- nice show of respect to the P1. Then I thought -- maybe they lost one of those BaD Radio bets to Dan somewhere along the line.
(2) Better-Looking in Person. Bob.
(3) Largest Concentration of Middle-Aged Guys. The broadcast area. There were some younger guys crowded around watching and listening to the presentations, but the more mature demo was disproportionately represented in the gathering around the couches and directors' chairs where the guys were broadcasting.
(4) Auddest Audio Phenomenon. While Donovan could be heard just fine on the radio, his voice barely dribbled out of the speakers at the bar. Something about it -- it simply couldn't be heard live on the scene, but listening on the radio -- there he was, as usual.
(5) Audio Engineering Tip. Do not cover up the JBL speaker with the life-size cutout of the Cowboy player.
(6) Worst Look for Cute Chicks. That black two-piece Tailgaters outfit they make their generally attractive wait staff wear, the super-tight/short black skirt and black sports-bra top thing. Really cheap-looking and unflattering on most of them. Very few even hot girls have good tummies. Even though it was the first night, bar staff seemed on the ball and the place was ready to go.
(7) Funniest Moment. The interview of the 38-year-old-woman with the good skin and large natural breasts who claims to have made upper-six-figures in Las Vegas and a four-figure tip from some unidentified celebrity, which explains why she moved to Frisco to work at Tailgaters.
(8) Most Interesting Broadcast Posture. Mike likes to stand at these remotes. I was at one other one awhile back where he stood and swayed and wandered a bit whilst broadcasting. Wonder if he does that in the studio.
(9) Comportment. I didn't see any host big-timing anyone. But I wasn't paying close attention to where they wandered off to when they weren't broadcasting. Saw George talking to a group of P1's, and Mike talking to an earnest woman.
(10) Always Amazed. These guys can talk sports and other stuff in their usual natural way whilst being watched by large groups of people and lots of noise in the background.
(11) Best Thing About GNO. No SweetJack commercials.