Putting a few topics on the table today:
(1) I was delighted to hear Michael Gruber interviewed on (I think it was) Cirque this weekend. He was on a football junket to Pittsburgh with Norm and, I believe, Grubes père. He said that leaving The Ticket was the worst mistake he ever made, and while he was kidding, he was only about 82% kidding, I thought. The best news was that he's quit drinking and has been sober for the past couple of months. Keep it up, Michael, and continued academic success.
(2) Junior as a chick: Admit it guys, we've all done worse. All I could think of esd that I wished I had a lump of sugar for him. If Sarah Jessica Parker can be a chick, so can Junior.
(3) Was there any announcement of why Jake Z was not twiddlin'/tweakin' on The Hardline yesterday?
(4) I thought surely someone would have taken new Saturday AM Tickerman Mitchell Kerasik (phonetic) gently aside and assisted him with correcting some of the more dramatic errors from his debut. Apparently not. I don't like criticizing new guys, trying to make their way in a tough business, but . . . shouldn't someone at least advise him that what he is doing is a Ticker and not a Ticket? Truly hoping Mitchell shakes off his Ball-State start, MTC is always in there rooting for the JV.
(5) I didn't hear the whole thing, but I think George DiGianni was commenting on his recent bugouts on his mix with The TeeBox last Saturday. I didn't hear the whole thing, but I think his point was that people can't tell the difference between his joking and his not-joking, so he was just going to cut the handoff short. May have that wrong, but he was commenting on some of the recent attention he has received.
And again, to each of you, except the more tiresome of the mope trolls, Thank You for Shopping at My Ticket Confession.