Monday, January 7, 2013
Monday Morning Quick Hits
(1) Who would have thought that Matt McClearin was a capologist? His MaSS segment on the financial aspects of attempting to improve the Cowboys was one of the best (and more depressing) analyses of the future of the team that I have heard and a powerful (if implicit) condemnation of the Jones/Jones regime. Well thought-out and crisply delivered. Very, very nice work by Matt.
(2) Bruce LeVine is struggling. His weekend Tickers are sometimes painful to listen to, so halting and almost confused-sounding. I swear, I heard him refer to "Ticker" as "Ticket." Is he reading some old Mitchell Kerasik copy? And in general he seems to be having a difficult time with his script, which I assume he composes himself.
(3) I will be listening to Scott Ferrall tonight. I thought he was appalling when I heard him years ago and my expectations are not high -- I could hardly believe it when I heard he was still "cracking a cold one" at the request of listeners -- but in fairness I need to give him another shot. At a minimum, I believe this means The Ticket will have to stop running the ad that proudly boasts that the channel doesn't offer coastal guys shouting at us.
(4) What was the big funny thing on MaSS this Sunday that had the entire staff and crew breaking down? I heard that, but did not hear the funny. I believe it was some naughty thing that Matt said, but didn't catch it. Anyone? Maybe it will be an E-Brake.
(5) In strong agreement with Confessors who are having a hard time believing that The Ticket is running ads containing a reference to "sucking less," a gimmick that was roundly ridiculed by readers when The Fan featured the same phrase.
Have at it, lads.