I'm working on my thoughts on Cat's AMA. I know, I'm really delinquent here. Don't write me about it. You try working the plains with all these storms. I know, I suck and the blog has been boring. I appreciate your patience.
In the meantime:
(1) The Kickaround boys on The Hardline today were fantastic. They explained the FIFA corruption investigation and charges clearly and interestingly, focusing on the award to Qatar of the 2022 World Cup. I don't care anything about soccer but I was riveted.
(2) Didn't hear Danny's Soul1310 show but loved the Reader's Digest version on The Hardline today.
(3) Corby thinks that the people who cheered for Josh Hamilton on his return to The Temple were all "morons." Mike offered a defense that the Rangers were doing what they thought would help the team, and Sean Bass tweeted (or maybe emailed, I don't recall) pointing out what a bargain the guy is. A better defense is that everyone likes a story of redemption and the return of the prodigal to the scene of his greatest triumphs. Hell, he knocked in the only run that night. (And I see he stroked two taters tonight.)
(4) I'm agnostic on the musical value of the new Stick It Up Your Tailpipe Traffic and Ticket Ticker intros and beds, but I will say this: They shave some seconds off the old break music. Even though it's not a lot, the difference is noticeable, especially in the move from Traffic to Ticker -- the whole thing just seems tighter, more streamlined, over faster. A good thing.
(5) Corby actually said that he didn't realize that biker clubs were, in some cases, criminal enterprises.
(6) Did you see where the Rolling Stones did an AMA on Twitter? Yeah, here's how they did it: People tweeted questions one day, and the Stones responded the next.
(7) Wasn't Larry From Mowry going to give us an essay on his listening to Ben & Skin or something like that? Larry, come to Your Plainsman.
(8) My THL listening has been a little spotty lately, but every time I've tuned in I've come away with the distinct impression that we're hearing More Mike. A little more Mike, even when Corby is present. Result: A little better segments.
CORRECTION: Earlier releases of this post erroneously pegged the Qatar-hosted World Cup as 1922. Reader Cody Patterson noted the error. Your Plainsman regrets it.
[Comments to this site are moderated.
Before posting, please read Rules of the Confessional. Thank you.]