Saturday, November 6, 2010

How's Greggo?

I've tuned into the midday show over on The Fan a couple of times.  I found it difficult to listen to for some reason.  Dull.  Lack of insight not compensated for by interesting personalities.  However, I thought the Hammer sounded OK.  Certainly not incoherent.  Pretty much like his former Hardline self.

When I switched over to the 105.3 postgame show during a break in Norm's postgame show last week, there was the same team together with Coach Joe.  In this particular show, nothing much at all was being conveyed.  Greggo wasn't incoherent, but he sounded terrible, hoarse and sick.

I'd love to listen more and do a more thorough report on Greggo's broadcasting adventures on 105.3, but haven't had a chance to do so.  I'm betting there are Confessors out there who sneak over to Greggo's show now and again, and if you have any news about the guy I'd love to hear it.  Or if you'd like to weigh in on his show over there, be my guest.  Mainly, I'm hoping someone can tell me if his health is OK -- he really sounded rough last Sunday.

This is of increased interest now that The Fan is going to put Josh Lewin on middays and move Whitt/Hammer to 2-7, competing with The Hardline.   I don't see Whitt and Williams making much of a dent, but there will at least be some initial curiosity. 

3 comments:

  1. I listed when they were on the noon shift, pre-Lewin. I thought Greggo and Whitt had good chemistry. Not great, but good. Haven't listened with they switched, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is some irony for me to say this, but my one complaint.. These shows seem to be too caller driven. Once again I understand the irony of that. In addition, I think Richie Whitt can also bring listeners from hi blog on UNFAIR Park. I think it is an O K listen. I have friends who have ALWAYS listened to 105.3 (from the pre-FAN days). It really makes no sense to me, but it is funny to hear them talk about liking the "New Guy" Greggo....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greggo has actually been real sick the past few days and has spent the last three days only chiming in through a computer voice and writing on a board. The shows are caller-driven because that is just the angle they took and allows the "Fan" to give their opinion. Recently, I've been seeing less calls on RAGE and Gavin's show, but have no problem with that.

    ReplyDelete