(1) Sunday AM. Following up on the last comment thread, what would you like to see on Sunday morning, or elsewhere on the weekends?
(2) Bass to MaSS? I have been startled by a couple of anti-Sean Bass confessions in the comments to the previous post, complaining of know-it-all-ism and breathing patterns. I have to disagree. When I tune in and hear a Sean-based program, whether with Ty or Newbury, I'm in. Always like those shows. Would have no problem with a Sunday morning show featuring him, Ty, or David. (Or other guys, either, but they seem to team up with more regularity.)
(3) Matt M. Also started by the vitriol directed at the departing Matt McClearin. Yes, Matt has "boundary" issues, although I would classify them more as "governor" or "editor" issues, and I understand the sentiment that one makes one own bed in radio, as one does in whatever freely-chosen profession in which one is engaged (not to mention the personal choices that require, um, cash money). But they by no means dominate his performance, and on balance I think it's undeniable that Scot and Matt have earned the shot they're getting and that Matt is an equal partner in their success. I didn't take down random P1's post, because, bitter though it seemed (and the "whore"comment did almost get it booted), it at least had some thinking behind it.
(4) Ax. And I am hoping, really really hoping, that übercritical posts like those relating to Sean and Matt, are not folks with, shall we say, an ax to grind about these guys. If you know what I mean. I am extremely reluctant to question the motives of people who take the time to write comments, but when those comments tend toward the angry and personal (and oddly detailed), I am moved at least to wonder. If I thought this site were being used to advance anyone's personal agenda to the detriment of both this site and The Ticket, it would be vamanos in zero time. Maybe I need to get the machete out more often.
There's a topic: I don't moderate comments (do not have the time and want comments to reflect breaking items), but should I be more aggressive about weeding out posts that have a legitimate take but are gratuitously mean or nasty?
(5) IJB. I really regret I do not have time to listen to podcasts. I barely have time to knock this thing out. But a lot of P1's really like what Jake and T.C. are slinging, and I wouldn't be offended if the CTO gave them at least a tryout on Sunday mornings.
(6) New Orleans. What did we all think about Super Bowl Week in New Orleans? Here: mixed.
Outta time. Keep it cool, Confessors, with my thanks.