We're not hearing much of substance other than from the frantically tweeting Girlfriend, so I'm going to give this one solid posting and if there aren't any developments I'm going to move on, main-topic-wise. (Comment section always open for RaGE/Greggo/Fan talk.)
What to write about? How about a listing of all current theories, some of which overlap, and many of which are not mutually exclusive. (An annoying way of saying "it could be a combination of several of these things.") And it may be none of these things. These are not in order of likelihood, just the order they're coming to mind. Let's get to it.
(1) He is sick, perhaps hospitalized.
(2) He ran into trouble with Fan management over his absence relating to Chris Kyle's funeral.
(3) He's angry about The Prank. (RaGE Prank on Greggo)
(4) It's a bit to draw attention to the station and RaGE.
(5) Management is preparing to make some changes at the Fan or RaGE that he's unhappy about and he's pouting.
(6) The Richie-Sybil relationship and perhaps a growing role for Armen has resulted in a diminished role for Greggo and he's feeling that the same thing is happening to him there as (he believes) happened on The Hardline (not his fault, of course).
(7) The Richie-Sybil relationship and perhaps a growing role for Armen has resulted in a kind of ganging up on Greggo and as the most experienced radio hand on the show, he resents it.
(8) The Richie-Sybil relationship has created an intolerable and almost indescribably icky and eeeeeww-inducing sexual tension that has eroded whatever professionalism RaGE was starting to develop.
(9) He's fallen off the wagon.
(10) The station is in major upheaval up and down the line and it's just all too much for the Hammer, who's getting out while the getting's good.
(11) He's been suspended, possibly fired, for misbehavior that hasn't been publicized.
(12) He's a petulant childish jerk who can't stand even the tiniest slight to his real or imagined importance to RaGE.
(13) He's a major radio talent who is undeservedly taking abuse from the less-talented Richie and Sybil.
(14) It's time, buddy; it's time. Greggo's chief addiction is to self-featuring drama, and he can't go for more than a couple years without writing himself another one, so he's off the reservation for no reason that any of us would find rational.
|In happier, but less focused, times.|
* * *