Friday, September 3, 2010

I Can't Let Mike R's Gag Pass Into History without Notice

Mike dropped a funny into a Corby story on Thursday.  He delivered it while Corby was taking a breath, and I'm not sure anyone on-air picked it up at the time (or maybe they didn't think it was amusing).  And maybe I'm interpreting what he said incorrectly.  But I don't think so.

Corby was talking about the bad old days of racial prejudice in some context or other, I don't recall the story.  And he paused to take a gentle shot at Mike, saying something like (I don't recall the colloquy exactly):

"Like when Mike and his high school buddies would stand around in a circle with a frightened black guy in the middle."

And Mike said:

"That's right, except for the black guy."

I about drove off the road, but Corby immeciately began to speak again before anyone really took in what Mike had said. 


Mike Rhyner
(NOT Edgar Buchanan as Uncle Joe from "Petticoat Junction,"
so please stop emailing me.)

Anyway, I thought it was a very funny (if dirty) joke, and I didn't think it was right to let it pass into eternity without a brief appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment