Friday, September 17, 2010

SHAMELESS PLUG DEPARTMENT: Your Plainsman Is Delighted to Link to Confessor "Hollywood" Matt Shannon's "Sports Nutz Wrestling Central"

I don't get a lot of communications from De Niro or Pacino or Taylor Swift or Fred Durst or even Pauly Shore -- or, for that matter, Gordon Keith -- but I am delighted that Your Humble Site has come to the attention of local wrestling maven "Hollywood" Matt Shannon, who comments on Your Plainsman's timeless Ticket insights from time to time. 

I call to your notice that he is developing a site devoted to his passion.  You will find it at the top of the "Ticket-Friendly Links" on this page any time you visit this site, and here it is:

"Hollywood" Matt Shannon's Sports Nutz Wrestling Central

The truth is that I know next to nothing about pro grappling, but I am extremely grateful for every Confessor who clicks over to see what's up on this site.  I'm guessing that a fairish number of visitors share Hollywood's interest in the sweaty arts, and I commend his site to you.


Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon, Your Plainsman's favorite pro grappler of all time

If you are a P1 and wander over to My Ticket Confession from time to time, I have no problem with you promoting your site in comments to articles that appear here.  If it looks like something that might be of interest to other Confessors, I'll link to it after checking it out for suitability.  Don't worry about pimping your site here -- as I say, assuming the content is no worse than PG-13.

But in the meantime, I do recommend that you check Hollywood out if you have an interest in large sweaty men in tiny skivvies.  I can also attest to the fact that he's a lively correspondent and I'm sure that he would love to hear from all Confessors.

Hollywood, best of luck with the site, and thanks for shopping at My Ticket Confession.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, kind sir. Just as a clarification, the way the site works is that it's a forum that houses the e-fed that I run. Basically, if you feel so inclined, you can register(I approve all registrations so that we don't have any Chinese spambots trying to invade the place), then feel free to post an application for a fictitious sweaty grappler(no homo!) in the Singles Sign Up sub-board found under Sign Your Contract. Then you write up promos(or roleplays as they're also known in the e-fed world) as that said grappler to help hype up whatever match you're going to be in. The main board to post promos in is the Promo board, but we do have other places, such as the places found under the Business District, or even locker rooms(made for people after they have posted a promo). They're places that can be used as a setting if you're having writers block. And we even have the Reconsider Lounge as a place under the Business District.

    The best part about it is that the fed operates on a bi-weekly basis, meaning that our shows are posted bi-weekly. That gives people more than enough time to meet the deadline to post their promos. We do have an extensive set of rules, but I have come to find out that they are necessary as it leaves no gray area. I make no money off of this. It's just something I do for fun. And if you don't want to do the e-fed thing but you want to participate, we do have other boards found under the Pepsi Compound category where you can post and chat with members of the place.

    Stay hard, keep jammin', and we'll see ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, not even a day after you post this blog, we might... key word, might(as in, not a definite) be moving our forum to InvisionFree. I would move everyone's fictitious wrestler bios, their promos, and the old shows over there for sure, then start fresh with everything else. What started out as me simply making a backup board just in case Proboards deleted my board or something else went wrong has become me thinking about just moving the forum to InvisionFree. One thing I have noticed is that InvisionFree forums seem to have a better look to them than Proboards forums. Plus, the graphics seem to look better. Anyway, I'll post a link to the backup board I have over at InvisionFree(I think I have turned off sign ups over at Invision as I only intended it to be a backup). Take a look, and anyone that cares, including you, Plainsman, feel free to leave your feedback.

    SNW backup board at InvisionFree

    ReplyDelete