Friday, March 14, 2014
End-of-Spring-Break Quick Hits
(1) Having some problems with Blogger lately. If I vanish for awhile it may be for technical reasons. Will leave a comment if there are further issues.
(2) Craig "Junior" "the Joonze" Miller reported on his favorite websites in the 5:30 segment this morning. "My Ticket Confession" was not among them.
(3) Jeff "The Pan-American Catman" Catlin is really cutting into his host's extra promotional income. First it was Pat Lobb Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep, now he's flogging a Chevrolet dealership.
(4) I remarked in a comment to the last thread that TC had made himself a Ticket "immortal." Some readers took that as an endorsement of his entire body of work. No -- I meant he has made himself a Ticket character that people will remember long after he's gone. Someone mentioned Rocco Pendola, who, in my book, is also a Ticket immortal. I never heard a single syllable he ever uttered, being long gone before I arrived in the area.
(5) Pretty cool that Gordon was runner up for the Royko Award from the American Society of Newspaper Editors for his Dallas Morning News column. Congratulations, and best of luck to him as he's also been submitted for consideration for a Pulitzer.
(6) Anyone else find the "Between Two Ferns" thing with Galifianaklis/POTUS about 17% as amusing as a couple of Ticket hosts did? Actually, I thought the President did a good job -- he's a natural performer -- but it just didn't move my yuk meter. Probably didn't help that it gave off the fragrance of just another Hollywood shill for Obamacare.