Sunday, September 18, 2011

MAYBE NOT BREAKING NEWS: A Greggo Firing, But Probably Not THE Greggo Firing

An anonymous commenter to the prior article reports that Greg Williams just tweeted:

"TCUWhiteTrash GREGGO
I have so much 49'er information I want to share on our pre and post games shows on THE FAN...but.I was fired...and the other hosts agreed"

He questions whether this means Williams was just fired from Cowboy commentary, or his main weekday gig.  I've done a very quick and superficial Google search and I find no recent items re The Fan terminating Greggo's services generally.

However, this site did report on a Cowboys pre-game last year in early November where Greggo was there one minute, and not there the next.  You can read that report here:  AND AGAIN -- WHERE'S GREGGO?    As to whether he returned to Fan Sunday Cowboy programming in subsequent games, I don't know.

So I'm guessing that the Tweet means -- to the extent Greg's Tweets may be said to have useful, much less credible, substantive content -- that he was disinvited from the Cowboys pre- and post-game on The Fan, and not that he was fired from his daily host duties.  I would think he would have Tweeted more colorfully and fully had that taken place, and the Twittersphere would have exploded.

If any of our incredibly wired Confessors can fill us in on the inside baseball at The Fan regarding Greggo's Sunday duties, the Nation would be grateful to hear from you.

=============

Haven't caught the entire Ticket pre-game, but Rich, Mark F, and Junior sound great.  Bob Sturm is a splendid sports brain and broadcaster, but for a succinct, well-reasoned, elegantly-expressed sports analysis it's hard to beat Craig Miller.

6 comments:

  1. Initial posting linked to the wrong prior article. This has been repaired. Apologies for any confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the latest offering:

    "TCUWhiteTrash GREGGO
    All FAN FANS...ask Richie why I was fired..he just said he didn't think I possessed the necessary traits to do a quality post game show.."

    Looks like the author of the "Hard Lie" might have been/is finding out what the boys over at The Ticket have known for a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you regarding Junior Spank Miller. A pro's pro. That last tweet from Greggo has him squarely blaming his partner, Whitt. That doesn't bode well for the future, regardless of whether he's been only fired from the pre/post show or fired from the station. If it's the former, then I'd be willing to bet the latter isn't far behind. You don't call out your partner (or any coworker) in public like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this might be IT:

    "TCUWhiteTrash GREGGO
    I really wish I was welcomed at Frankies today..but the other hosts have made their thoughts know...being fired hurts...
    6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply"

    "TCUWhiteTrash GREGGO
    @bbshelton ..do you think people would listen??...I would definitely consider it....I miss it so much...but CBS made a decision..and I'm out"

    "TCUWhiteTrash GREGGO
    @richiewhitt ..Frankie's might be packed...too bad there's not enough room for me...but I understand...you guys DON'T want me there....."

    WHOA. This has to be more than just being released from your Cowboy pre and post game duties. One would think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe being fired from the pre/post is the precursor for the actual firing from the station. I just don't see how the other hosts (one of which being his on-air partner) can think so lowly of his pre/post performance that they actually request his dismissal from said duties, and that not either affect relationships to the point of no return... or unless they know he's getting fired and this was the first step in that process. Interesting times where Greggo's concerned, yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See new post. Thanks to commenters for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete