Saturday, February 6, 2010

Where is Barb Smith? She May Be Right Here

If you have come to this site for the first time looking for Barb Smith news, it is possible that Your Plainsman has some for you -- although I cannot be entirely sure.

Welcome.

Scroll down or review the archives for the entry for January 28, 2010, titled:  "Prediction:  Jason Walker  .  .  ." and read the comments.  You will see a series of communications from "Anonymous" that purport to be from the very same Barb Smith.  I suppose Anonymous could be having us on, but to me the posts have the ring of truth.  I believe it is indeed the departed Barb Smith, as does frequent visitor JS.  If you don't have time to check it out, I can report that she says she departed The Ticket on amicable terms, is still friendly with the lads, and that her departure had something to do with the difficulty of a spread-out schedule, a long commute, and the demands of motherhood. 

I thought her (?) communications were quite sweet and thoughtful.  In fact, I now regret having used the word "incoherent" to describe some of her traffic reporting.  (Truth is, I haven't paid any attention to traffic reports to actually plan a commute in any metro area I've ever lived in.)  She really was a part of the Ticket ether, and the fact that we're all curious about what happened to her is some indication of the fondness the P1 Nation feels for her. 

Anyway, check it out and decide for yourself if Ms. Smith has indeed checked in. 

Thank you for shopping at My Ticket Confession.  Hope you will take a moment to look around, and stop back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment